Architectural Projection (Architainment)
Eye Q Productions specializes in 3D projection mapping and original content to project onto just about any surface, including buildings, high rises, and environmental elements such as water, certain foliage, fog and moving objects such as balloons and custom made props. Utilizing 3D projection mapping and edge blending techniques and the latest technology we can create a canvas of almost unlimited proportions, magically transforming the surrounding architectural elements for a totally immersive environment. Even structures that do not project well can be fitted with the latest soft LED technologies.
The production and technology team at Eye Q Productions are experts in new media Technology, Integration and Creative Design. We specialize in large scale projection on architectural as well as organic surfaces such as water, technical design for permanent installations and weather proofing. Our staff of Animators, 3D modelers, 2D Illustrators and Rotoscope Artists have worked for major effect houses and studios, as well as gaming and of course many high profile shows and events.
The use of 3D projection technologies, when utilized correctly, has the ability to magically transform a theme park or entertainment development at night, while remaining virtually invisible by day. With equipment permanently installed, and architectural elements and canvases mapped in detail, content can be refreshed for new shows, events, and seasonal entertainments as frequently as desired. Projection mapping of architecture can completely replace or augment nighttime lighting as well, and permits up lighting in vivid colors and full scale HD Animation and Video.
Eye Q Productions has been developing and refining the 3D Projection Mapping for Video Projection techniques used in our projects for some time. Each individual application is customized based on the inherent challenges of the architectural canvas and available projector placement. Precision 3D Mapping Techniques for Architectural projection or LED based systems allow us to create custom media content to exploit specific architectural features down to the brick, allowing us to magically transform architecture into larger than life canvases, utilize 2D and 3D animation techniques to create illusions, create scenes and effects in windows, arches, on ledges, rooftops, etc.
Recent productions utilizing architectural projection and mapping include:
- ‘Hawaii’ Fountain Projection for the Hawaii Board of Tourism at The Grove in Los Angeles
- ‘The Tourist‘ Movie Promotional Event in Dallas, TX
- ‘Sex in the City‘ Movie opening event benefiting Womens Economic Ventures in Ventura, CA
- ‘Uni 360 Lagoon Show’ and ‘Sweet 16 Halloween’ for Universal Studios in Orlando, FL
- ‘Remember… Holiday Dreams’ for Disneyland in Anaheim, CA
- ‘50th Anniversary’ and ‘Small World Clock Show’ for Disneyland in Anaheim, CA
- Research, development, architectural mapping and content creation/animation for the Transformers DVD release event to be projected onto the US Bank Building in downtown Los Angeles, the largest structure West of the Mississippi.